External hard drives are considered to be one of the most popular storage devices. Your data stored in them is inaccessible due to many reasons. Here we will discuss the data loss from external hard drives due to not showing up on Mac correctly. Many people are worried about their data loss in the process of recovery methods. Hence, we require reliable software that can efficiently recover all the essential data in original format as it was before the data was lost.
Before performing data recovery, we will introduce how you can show up the external hard drive on Mac.
Show up external hard drive
External hard drive that stores enormous data sometimes becomes inaccessible due to the quick insertion and removal of the hard drive from USB of Mac computer. That is why external hard drive should be appropriately inserted and removed with care. Sometimes the USB cables or ports can be broken. In such circumstances, the data cannot be accessed as the external hard drive becomes unrecognizable to Mac computer.
Settings are misconfigured in Mac computer. If you see no tick beside external disks in location submenu from the finder, then external drives will not be visible. Hence we need to ensure that this setting is not misconfigured and if it is no tick simply putting a tick beside that option fixes the issue and drives become visible.
The disappearing of the external hard drive may result from the corruption. A hard disk can corrupt because of many reasons. However, the most common of them are improper handling while insertion and removal of hard drives, cables and USB become loose. The data might also become inaccessible if the file type is changed due to faulty hard disks. Use the First Aid in Disk Utility to fix the corrupted external HD.
Recover data from external hard disks
iBoysoft Data Recovery for Mac is powerful software that enables Mac users to access the data from external hard disk drives that becomes inaccessible due to malfunctioning or corrupt file format. Here are the simple steps to restore hard disk drives through iBoysoft Mac data recovery tool.
Step 1. Download iBoysoft Mac data recovery software tool from the official website.
Step 2. Install the iBoysoft Mac data recovery tool.
- Go to the download folder and run the setup file of iBoysoft Mac data recovery software.
- Click the positive responses that appear on the screen as I agree, and yes for installing the software application on your laptop or desktop.
Step 3: Open the application by double-clicking the icon
Step 4: Then select and scan the connected external hard drive to find the lost data.
Step 5: Preview the search list and select those files that need to be recovered.
Step 6 Click Recover to get back the lost data in the original format to another healthy disk.
Features of iBoysoft Data Recovery for Mac
- All in one data recovery software:-Recover any deleted or lost data from Mac easily.
- Risk-free:There is no risk involved if the software is downloaded from the official website of iBoysoft. Downloading from unknown sources might risk your system to become vulnerable to virus attacks or malware. Iboysoft data recovery software is risk-free from virus, malware or adwares.
- Reliable and easy to use software: The application interface is kept user friendly, which enables users to interact with hardware easily. The basic operations can be done quickly.